To Receive a Free Estimate Fill Out This Form
Decks, gazebos, patio covers, and other such custom structures are the type of job where we get to work with a customer and unleash their own creativity. Want to work on benches, tables, flower boxes, storage, a wooden gate, or multi-level designs? Would you like to incorporate your deck around a pool, spa, or existing fence in Austin? Or perhaps you’ve got other ideas down the line and would like to build your deck so that it can easily accommodate expansion or other projects? You’re the boss, and you’re only limited by your imagination and your budget.
Our Austin deck installations, like every other project, are made from the finest quality materials available. The posts, framing, and joists of every job are made from treated pine for a lasting installation. For the surface materials of the decking itself, you can consider:
- Cedar, for an affordable, attractive deck that will hold up well in the Austin sun and be resistant to rot and decay. Cedar does need to be stained every couple of years to retain its appearance, but it’s not prone to cracking, splintering, or warp.
- Redwood offers easy maintenance, beauty, and a long lifespan. Redwood doesn’t shrink, warp or twist, and its ease of workability makes it a great choice for intricate deck designs (i.e. benches, railings, flower boxes, and such). It will need to be stained and treated over time, but many people prefer redwood for the above reasons.
- Treated pine is more expensive, but it’s also structurally superior and resistant to decay and termites (as is treated pine that’s used for posts, joists, and framing). MicroPro treated pine has a lighter color that accepts stains more readily and offers better protection.
- Composition materials are a newer, ecologically friendly choice for Austin decks. The composition deck material is usually made from recycled material and cedar fiber. It’s impervious to the sun and the elements, it installs just like wood and is just as easy to work with, and never requires maintenance on your part. Composition decking is almost indestructible!
- Certainteed composite decking is one of the latest advances in deck and landscaping materials. Combining waste wood and recycled plastic, it’s a wood-polymer lumber substitute that has none of the drawbacks of wood and is ecologically friendly (for green-minded homeowners). Certainteed decking is fire resistant, scratch and stain-resistant, and easy to keep clean. It also retains screws and other fasteners better than many wood products and is protected by a 25 year limited, transferable warranty.
Please note that all of our wood decking installations are done with screws (NOT nails), and all screws are countersunk into the wood for appearance and for your safety. Give us a call to learn more about us and let’s discuss your plans. There are plenty of choices and options available for your Austin deck project – we’d love to talk to you about what you have in mind!