To Receive a Free Estimate Fill Out This Form
Fences in Austin can be a big investment, especially if you hire a fence company that uses low-quality materials. Austin Fence & Deck Builders – Installation & Replacement is directly supplied by some leading fence material suppliers. This means your fence will need little maintenance and will last a long time. Fencing can be a challenge to install due to the hard, shallow clay soil. All of our Austin fence jobs are done with the posts set in concrete, a minimum of 24 inches for a durable, lasting installation.
You have a few options as far as posts:
- Cedar posts are relatively inexpensive, but durable and can last 10-12 years. Cedar does not warp, twist or crack over time. Cedar looks good, of course, with cedar pickets and runners.
- Treated pine posts (also known as Wolmanized lumber) are pressure-treated with chemicals that penetrate deeply into the wood. Pressure treating gives pine a great deal of structural strength, and is guaranteed by the manufacturer against rot, insects and decay. The disadvantage to treated pine posts, however, is that they can warp or twist sometimes. At Austin Fence and Deck, we order #1 quality posts from the mill, so you can be sure of a higher quality post for your fence job. Some contractors will hand-pick treated posts from the local big-box store, but that doesn’t always guarantee great quality.
- Landscape timbers are another option for posts – they are contoured at the edges rather than square like most 4 x 4 posts. There are two types of landscape timbers; some are treated while still green (allowing little preservative to make its way into the wood). Others are kiln-dried before treatment, making for a stronger, more rot-resistant post.
- Galvanized steel posts are also available for your Austin fence job. Obviously, galvanized steel is impervious to rot or insects, and steel posts will never twist, crack or warp. Our galvanized steel posts come with a cap on the top to prevent water from running into the post and rusting it from the inside out.
You also have various options for pickets. For vertical pickets, many prefer “dog-eared” pickets, which can conform much more easily to ground that isn’t exactly level. Other styles of pickets include flat-topped pickets, which can only be used for stretches of fence that are absolutely level. We can scallop the top of a run of fence or do other contours, according to your tastes; we can also do horizontal runs of fencing or a basket-weave pattern for horizontal fencing and even build you a matching gate. Get in contact with us for a fence estimate in Austin.
Again, with runners and pickets, you have the choice of redwood, cedar or treated pine, according to your needs and your price tag. Some prefer spruce pickets, which are a lighter color when installed but will age to the same color (roughly) as cedar. A new option is “Rightwood,” a pre-finished product that’s harvested from renewable forests in the Northwest.
Austin Fence Services Offered
Austin Fence & Deck offers several fence services in Austin.
- Fence Repair in Austin – If your fence has been damaged from weather, age, or an accident, we are here to help. Austin Fence & Deck will work to mitigate current damage and help to prevent future issues. We understand the issues that fences in central Texas face – from severe storms to intense heat; we know how to protect fences throughout the greater Austin area. We offer a wide range of fence repair services. From minor repairs to full replacements, our team can help you find the right solution for your fence. We know a fence is a serious investment, and we want to help you keep it in the best possible shape.
- Fence Replacement in Austin – We are a full-service fence replacement company and are here to help you every step of the way. From your first call to your completed fence restoration, our fence and customer service team is here to provide you with the highest levels of customer service. We want to ensure you get the right replacement for your property and guarantee your satisfaction.
- Fence Installation in Austin – A fence installation is an important investment in your property. Whether you’re looking for increased privacy, more security, or to add a stylish upgrade to your home, we can design and build the perfect fence for your property. Because we understand the value of a new fence, we offer only the highest quality fence installations that are guaranteed to be done right the first time. Our professional installers offer fast, reliable, high-quality installations guaranteed to last.
- Fence Staining in Austin – Austin Fence and Deck proudly offers wood fence and gate staining services to our Austin area customers. Sealing your wood fence adds aesthetics, enhances durability, and prolongs the life of your wood fence and gate. A wood fence and gate are an investment in your property; staining offers you a way to protect that investment with minimal maintenance to ensure that your fence stays protected and looks good for years to come.