Jessica Hollis Park, which is tucked away at 14100 Low Water Crossing Road in Austin, Texas, provides visitors with a tranquil haven away from the city’s activity. The park is a favorite among both locals and visitors due to its stunning vistas, peaceful environment, and variety of leisure activities.
The park is dedicated to the bravery and commitment to community service of Jessica Hollis, a Travis County Sheriff’s officer who sadly perished in a flood while performing her duties. Since its formal opening in 2016, the park has grown to be a popular spot for outdoor enthusiasts seeking to take in the Texas Hill Country’s scenic beauty. Jessica Hollis Park offers activities for everyone, including hiking, fishing, picnicking, and just relaxing in nature. There are many options for hiking, birdwatching, and wildlife viewing in the park, thanks to its kilometers of picturesque pathways that wind through thick vegetation and over babbling brooks. Click This
Facilities of Jessica Hollis Park
Jessica Hollis Park offers a range of facilities to ensure that visitors have a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Some of the key facilities available at the park include:
- Picnic Areas: The park has several picnic areas with tables and grills, making it the perfect place for a family picnic or a group gathering.
- Restrooms: The park has clean and well-maintained restrooms for the use of visitors.
- Fishing Dock: The park has a fishing dock on the lake, which is a popular spot for fishing enthusiasts.
- Hiking Trails: The park has several hiking trails that wind through the beautiful wooded areas of the park, offering visitors the opportunity to enjoy nature and get some exercise.
- Wildlife Viewing: The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, foxes, and birds, making it a great place for wildlife viewing and nature photography.
- Playground: The park has a playground for children, making it a great place for families with young children.
Activities To Do at Jessica Hollis Park
Jessica Hollis Park offers a range of outdoor activities, making it a popular destination for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. Some of the key activities that can be enjoyed in the park include:
- Hiking: The park has several hiking trails that wind through the wooded areas of the park, offering visitors the opportunity to enjoy nature and get some exercise. The trails are well-marked and offer a variety of difficulty levels, making them suitable for hikers of all skill levels.
- Fishing: Lake Travis is a popular spot for fishing enthusiasts, and the fishing dock at Jessica Hollis Park is a great place to cast a line and try your luck. The lake is home to a variety of fish species, including largemouth bass, catfish, and sunfish.
- Picnicking: With its beautiful picnic areas and scenic views, Jessica Hollis Park is the perfect place for a family picnic or a group gathering. The park has several picnic areas with tables and grills, making it easy to enjoy a meal in the great outdoors.
- Wildlife Viewing: The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, foxes, and birds, making it a great place for wildlife viewing and nature photography. Visitors can explore the park’s trails and wooded areas to see the wildlife up close.
- Playground: The park has a playground for children, making it a great place for families with young children. The playground is well-maintained and offers a variety of equipment for children to play on. Read This Page
Events at Jessica Hollis Park
Jessica Hollis Park also hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, festivals, and community gatherings. Some of the key events that take place in the park include:
- Lake Travis SpringFest: This annual festival takes place in April and features live music, food vendors, and a variety of activities for all ages.
- Lake Travis Cleanup: This annual event takes place in September and is organized by the Lake Travis Chamber of Commerce. Volunteers gather at Jessica Hollis Park to help clean up the lake and its surrounding areas.
- Holiday Events: Jessica Hollis Park hosts a variety of holiday events throughout the year, including festivals, parades, and other celebrations. Some of the key holiday events that take place in the park include:
- Fourth of July Celebration: The park hosts an annual Fourth of July celebration, complete with fireworks, live music, and food vendors.
- Halloween Festival: The park hosts a Halloween festival each year, featuring costume contests, trick-or-treating, and other spooky activities for all ages.
- Christmas Celebration: Jessica Hollis Park is transformed into a winter wonderland during the holiday season with Christmas lights, holiday music, and other festive decorations.
Tips for Visitors
When visiting Jessica Hollis Park, there are a few tips to keep in mind to ensure you have an enjoyable experience:
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather, especially if you plan on hiking or spending time outdoors.
- Bring sunscreen, bug spray, and plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Follow Park rules and regulations, including proper disposal of trash and respecting wildlife.
- Be mindful of other visitors and maintain social distancing as needed.
- Check the park’s event schedule to see if any festivals or events are taking place during your visit.
Essential information about Jessica Hollis Park
Location: 14100 Low Water Crossing Rd, Austin, TX 78732, United States
Operating Hours: Monday to Sunday – 7 AM to 8 PM